Dr. Sayan Paul is a Radiation Oncologist practicing at Apollo Cancer Institute, Kolkata. He was working as a Senior consultant radiation oncologist at Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad, before joining Apollo Hospitals Kolkata. In the past, he has worked at reputed hospitals such as P D Hinduja National Hospital, Mumbai, Fortis Memorial Research Institute, Gurgaon, and Apollo Hospital, Bilaspur. He received his MD degree from King George’s Medical University, Lucknow, received the best resident award, and then did his DNB (Radiation Oncology). He has done his senior Residency at the prestigious Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai, and SGPIMS Lucknow.
He has done a clinical fellowship in AKH, Medical University Vienna Austria under renowned Oncologist Prof Richard Potter, and National Institute of Oncology, Budapest, Hungary, under another renowned oncologist Prof Csaba Polgar.
He is the recipient of the prestigious European Society of Radiotherapy and Oncology clinical fellowship, technology Transfer grant, and Educational Grant.
He has also done a professional diploma in clinical research. He was actively involved in the teaching of the MD (Radiotherapy) students at Tata Memorial Hospital, Mumbai, SGPGIMS, Lucknow and SAIMS, Indore and DNB students at Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad,
and Kolkata. He has numerous national and international publications to his credit. He has presented his original research work at various national and international conferences.
He is a teaching faculty of the Indian College of Radiation Oncology.
Medical College, Kolkata
King George’s Medical University, Lucknow
DNB, Radiation Oncology:
National Board of Examinations
- Life Member, Association of Radiation Oncologists of India (AROI)
- Life Member, Indian Brachytherapy Society (IBS)
- Member, European Society for Therapeutic Oncology &Radiology (ESTRO)
- Life member Indian Cooperative Oncology Network (ICON)
- Member of National Academy of Medical Sciences (MNAMS)
- Member Indian College of Radiation Oncology (ICRO)
- Member of European Society of Medical Oncology (ESMO)
Achievements – Awards and honors:
- Editor: “Bethesda handbook of clinical Oncology South Asian Edition2020.”
- Course coordinator and developer National cancer Grid online educational portal
- ESTRO mobility grant for training in image-based gynaecological brachytherapy in AKH, Medical University Vienna, Vienna, Austria,
- ESTRO educational Grant to attend ESTRO course in Prague 9-12 Nov 2013
- ESTRO technology transfer grant for training in APBI in national Institute of Oncology, Budapest, Hungary.
- Training in Proton therapy treatment in Proton therapy Centre, Prague. November 2013
- Parvati Devi gold medal as first prize in Best Paper award category in Association of Radiation Oncologists of India conference, 2009 in Hyderabad.
- Best paper award (first prize) in Uttar Pradesh chapter Association of Radiation Oncologists of India conference, 2009 in Naukuchhiatal.
- First prize in Indian Cooperative Oncology Network quiz 2010
- Second prize in best thesis competition in Indian Cooperative Oncology Network annual meet in Sep 2009 in TMH Mumbai.
- Second prize in Best Paper award category in Uttar Pradesh chapter Association of Radiation Oncologists of India conference, in Agra 2008.